In May 2020, the Online safety zone on Hwb was renamed Keeping safe online, to enhance digital resilience, encompassing online safety, cyber security and data protection resources and guidance.
Keeping safe online has now been redesigned with our stakeholders in mind, to help them find the support they need at the click of a button. The new landing page consists of nine tiles to enable our users to find the resources, guidance, opportunities and support most relevant to them:
- Children and young people – A dedicated area for children and young people, containing all they need to keep safe and secure online.
- Parents and carers – A dedicated area for parents and carers, containing advice and information to help them protect their family online.
- Practitioners and professionals – A dedicated area for practitioners and professionals to help to keep them and their learners safe and secure online.
- Governors – A dedicated area for governors with support to help them keep the school community safe and secure online.
- Get involved – Information about the latest competitions, events, training and opportunities for education settings in Wales.
- Resources – A library of online safety, cyber security and data protection guidance and teaching and learning resources.
- Action plan – The Online safety action plan for children and young people; the Welsh Government’s commitment to online safety in education.
- In the spotlight – Each month we will focus on a specific or trending topic related to online safety, cyber security or data protection.
- Support services – Further support, including how to report online harm and get expert help and advice.
In addition to these nine tiles you can also find the latest keeping safe online news and a link to sign up to the monthly online safety newsletter.