Young People and Substance Misuse: Why the Drugs Don’t Work?Organised by: Children in Wales
28 FEBRUARY 2017, CONWY – Book Online
One day course
The training will explore substance misuse and young people. The course will outline drugs, alcohol, illegal and legal highs. The training will examine new substances and the behaviours stemming from their use. It will help participants create strategies for dealing with young people’s use and the difficult and dangerous behaviours they can produce. It will explore the relationship between substance misuse and Child Sexual Exploitation and how to safeguard young people. This will be conducted using a rights based approach.
- Have an understanding substances and substance misuse
- Gain ways of supporting substance misusing young people
- How to identify young people at risk of Sexual Exploitation
- Gain knowledge on safeguarding substance misusing young people
- Gain practical skills for coping with substance misusing young people’s behaviour
Who is it aimed at?
Practitioners, Managers and Policy Makers from all sectors and all organisations keen to explore how their work can support substance misusing young people. Examine new trends in substance misuse such as legal highs and other psychoactive drugs.
Members: £80 Non-members: £100
This course is also offered as in-house training, please contact email@example.com for more information.
This post is also available in: Welsh