Understanding How to Safeguard the Welfare of Children and Young People – Accredited training level 2 through Agored CymruOrganised by: Children in Wales
15 November 2016, Rhyl – Online Booking Form
A one-day course
A one day course aimed at anyone working directly or indirectly with children and young people in a wide range of workplace and community settings. The purpose of the training is to give participants confidence and essential knowledge on how to safeguard the children and young people in their environment.
The training is accredited through Agored Cymru and participants will need to complete assessments to demonstrate learning. Upon successful completion of an assignment the participant will achieve 3 credits at Level 2. This unit forms part of the Welsh quality assurance framework for vocational training.
As a result of the training participants will:
- Learn about the legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, including E-safety
- Understand the roles of different agencies involved in safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand how to safeguard children, young people and practitioners in a work setting
- Identify the characteristics of different types of child abuse
- Know how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused, harmed or bullied
- Be able to describe the principles and boundaries of confidentiality and when to share information
Members £130 Non members £155
This course is also offered as in-house training, please contact email@example.com for more information.
This post is also available in: Welsh