Course : Professionals Protect : 8th December 2015Organised by: Flintshire Council
Email: Workforce Development Team, Flintshire County Council
Venue: Workforce Development Training Rooms, Library HQ, County Hall Campus, Mold CH7 6NW
Flintshire Council are arranging a training course for professionals, foster carers and volunteer workers focussing on how staff, support workers and carers can protect children from sexual abuse. This training course will be tailored to the needs of children with additional needs
In addition to Flintshire Social Services staff, a limited number of places will be made available to social services staff from across other local authorities as well as foster carers from across the region. This will be limited and priority will be given to Flintshire staff, foster carers and volunteers.
- Explore the roles of adults as protectors of children with additional needs;
- Increase confidence in recognising the signs in both children and adults that should trigger concerns;
- Develop a protective response which becomes part of a “safety plan”
- Learn how to communicate with children about concerns
- Develop knowledge on signposting to get help.
QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children & Young People)
‘Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings’ (4222-301)
‘Principles of Safeguarding in Health and Social Care’ (4222-205).
|Tuesday 8th December 2015||2:00-4:00pm|
|Venue||Workforce Development Training Rooms, Library HQ, County Hall Campus, Mold CH7 6NW|
|Trainer||Gillian Jones, Stop It Now Campaign|
|Apply to||Workforce Development Team, Flintshire County Council|