Barnardo’s Cymru will be running a series of half-day regional training events across Wales primarily aimed at practitioners in schools, local authorities, FE institutions and other key stakeholders working with 14 – 18 year olds.
The purpose of the training is to:
- support practitioners, and education practitioners in particular, in understanding their roles and responsibilities in relation to preventing CSE and protecting children and young people from abuse. In particular, the training will help you deliver sessions using Hidden – an education resource on sexual exploitation so that young people:
- understand the links between choice and consequences e.g. how easy it is to be drawn into sexual exploitation and how hard it is to get out of
- recognise risky situations and factors that make young people more vulnerable to sexual exploitation
- talk about the emotional and physical impact of sexual exploitation and empathise with others’ feelings, and;
- identify key people they could turn to for support, find ways of minimising risks and plan strategies to keep themselves safe.
This post is also available in: Welsh