BASPCAN Training EventOrganised by: BASPCAN
Contact Person: Maureen Gordon
Phone: 01904 613605
Venue: Pierhead, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, CF99 1NA
BASPCAN – the Association of England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales for Child Protection
Exploring the relevance to practice in Wales of an International Study on Promoting Positive Parenting
Sponsored by Lynne Neagle AM
ISPCAN, BASPCAN, NSPCC Cymru/ Wales & Children in Wales would like to invite you to attend our joint conference at the Pierhead, Cardiff on Wednesday 14th March 2018, 9.00am – 4.30pm.
Aims of the Conference
To explore the relevance to practice in Wales of findings from an international study by ISPCAN on promoting positive parenting
To identify practical ways of improving parenting practice to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people in Wales.
By the end of this event participants will be able to:
- identify how findings and recommendations from an international study by ISPCAN on promoting positive parenting relate to practice in Wales
- understand what is necessary for effective implementation of positive parenting interventions
- describe practical ways of improving parenting in day-to-day practice at primary, secondary and tertiary levels of intervention.
- Professionals who coordinate and manage parenting support services.
- Professionals working directly with children and families from health, social work, early years, early intervention services, education and the independent and voluntary sector.
- Professionals with a responsibility for planning and commissioning services to promote child health and wellbeing, positive parenting and the prevention of child maltreatment.
- Coordinators on Public Service Boards in Wales.
- Educators and researchers working in the field of positive parenting and the prevention of child maltreatment.
This post is also available in: Welsh